C Legal Power
- 2006 Telecommunications Act: Stevens Bill.
- Cornell Legal Information Institute, U.S. Communications Law. Easy access to communications laws online.
- FCC, Telecommunications Act of 1996. Text of the statute (pdf cache, pdf cache of the 1934 Communications Act as amended in 1996)
- U.S. Congress, Bill Summary of 1996 Telecomm Act
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- The current Commissioners are: Julius Genachowski, Chairman (Democrat); Michael J. Copps (Democrat); Robert M. McDowell (Republican); and Mignon Clyburn (Democrat).
- Meredith Attwell Baker (Republican) left the FCC on June 3, 2011 to work as a senior vice president with NBC Universal four months after voting to approve a merger between Comcast and NBC Universal. Her departure raised eyebrows. (cache of a NY Times article)
- Commissioner list since 1934
- Example of Congress going after the FCC :: House Commerce Committee Report on former Chairman Kevin Martin
- National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)
- Information Infrastructure Task Force (IITF) and the National Information Infrastructure (NII) (from the Clinton Administration days)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Department Of Justice, Antitrust Division
- Administrative Procedure Act and related texts